2020 Business & Education Summit
Workforce Development: Employers, Employees, Educators, and Families Working Together
Please join us for a conversation on how employers, current and future employees, educators, and families can partner to strengthen the workforce in the East Valley and beyond. Before we engage in table discussions, Dr. Maria Hesse, a longtime educational and community leader, will offer insights that set the stage for participants to discuss questions such as:
- How can stakeholders (employers, employees, educators, families) collaborate so that everyone benefits from a robust workforce and economic development?
- What are the features of a robust workforce?
- What roles can each group of stakeholders play to build and maintain a productive workforce to fuel economic development?
- How can we meld employers? expectations with those of people entering the workforce in the 2020's? What are the common values and goals? How each group learn from the other?
- What are the best practices for attracting and retaining employees in the 2020's?
- How can we leverage community events to build a robust workforce?
Featuring guest speaker Maria Hesse, Ph.D., Vice Provost for Academic Partnerships at Arizona State University and former President and CEO of Chandler-Gilbert Community College
About the Event:
The Business & Education Summit is designed to gather thoughts and feedback about a topic which impacts several community stakeholders, with each table including representation from government, education, small and large businesses. Attendees work on a series of discussion questions to assess opportunities to address local issues and ways in which to support one another.
Thanks to These Foundation Donors: