Higley Road & Baseline Road Intersection Improvements PROJECT UPDATE (ST1740) 11/4/19
Construction nears completion for the Higley Road & Baseline Road Intersection improvements and the following tentative schedule is provided for the remaining substantial work that needs to take place. If you do not wish to receive these updates, please let me know and I’ll gladly remove your email address.
- Scheduled to begin Friday night, Nov. 1, at 9 p.m. until approximately Saturday night, Nov. 2, at 8 p.m., southbound Higley Road traffic will be reduced to one lane, and eastbound Baseline Road traffic will not be permitted through the Higley Road intersection (westbound traffic only) for crews to conduct work on the southwest corner of the intersection. Following this work, traffic control will be returned to its current configuration late Saturday night (Nov. 2). Eastbound Baseline Road traffic will be permitted up to the intersection to access local businesses, but not be able to travel through the intersection or access Higley Road.
- Scheduled for the week of Nov. 4, crews will work to complete paver installation as well as stamped asphalt installation in medians in the project area. Also, the remaining concrete replacement will take place and installation of the traffic signal at San Benito.
- Scheduled to take place Friday, Nov. 8 paving crews will conduct final paving of the rubber asphalt surface on Higley Road, and on Monday, Nov. 11 this same activity will take place for Baseline Road. It is expected that Higley Road and Baseline Road will remain open; however, short term restrictions may be in place and left turns will not be permitted to minimize turn movements on the new rubber asphalt surface and allow time for curing. As the paving activity crosses side streets and driveways, there will be periods where access will not be permitted; however, alternate access will be available and crews will work to expedite these crossings to the extent possible.
- Scheduled to take place Friday and Saturday, Nov. 15-16, crews will apply a micro seal pavement application to asphalt areas that were not reconstructed during this work to provide a smooth transition from existing asphalt to new asphalt. Higley Road and Baseline Road will remain open for this activity; however, left turns will not be permitted for northbound Higley Road traffic to westbound Baseline Road. And once again, as this activity crosses side streets and driveways, there will be periods where access will not be permitted for a short period of time to allow the pavement application to cure.
- Scheduled for the week of Nov. 18, crews will conduct utility adjustments to manholes and valves in the project area, to make them flush with the new asphalt surface. Roads will remain open for travel during this work with traffic restrictions dependent on utility location.
- Scheduled for the weekend of Nov. 22, crews will obliterate any existing striping that will be reconfigured to the new intersection and apply new striping.
- Following this work, traffic control will be removed, and crews will work to complete any remaining repairs, punch list or clean-up items for completion of the project. During this period, there may be intermittent traffic restrictions to accommodate the specific activity; however, these are typically localized and daytime only.
- Access to residents and businesses is being maintained and thank you for your patience as we work to complete this project!
Project Info: 480.898.4090