Senior Insurance Advisor - Corporate Position - Base Pay + Full Benefits Package
At American Family Insurance, we’re driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
Job ID:R12516 Senior Insurance Advisor - Corporate Position - Base Pay + Full Benefits Package (Open)
The Senior Insurance Advisor markets, prospects and sells American Family Insurance products. Builds and maintains effective customer relationships, understands customer’s needs and matches them with appropriate product and service offerings. Promotes brand awareness through participation in branch and community events. Attains sales, profitability and service goals for all products.
This position requires travel up to 75% of the time. (Travel primarily local.)
Education and Licenses
- Valid driver’s license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- Required by state statutes to have proper insurance licensing to sell, solicit or negotiate insurance products: Property and Casualty, (personal lines authority does not qualify) Life and Health.
- Successfully obtain and maintain property and casualty, life, and health producer licenses for sales and service state(s). Required to pass the state licensing exam for property and casualty, life, and health producer licenses within 60 days of hire date.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated property and casualty sales and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated involvement in community events, networks, or groups
- Demonstrated experience new customer or external networking and experience with prospecting new households or businesses.
- Demonstrated experience with PC software applications.
- Demonstrated experience working independently to plan, set priorities and organize work.
- Basic knowledge of Life and/or Commercial products.
Working Conditions: This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Information: Base pay: $42,000/year + incentive pay + plus full benefits package
Job Description: Primary Accountabilities
- Coverts leads into qualified customer engagements. Manages a prospecting pipeline and develop a sales tracking system to maintain accurate prospect/customer information.
- Meets sales and sales quality goals. Gains and demonstrates knowledge of American Family`s competitive advantage by comparing competitor products and services. Develops knowledge and skills to qualify and follows up with sales leads. Identifies clients` needs and cultivate effective sales relationships.
- Sells available insurance products to new customers or services existing customers. Estimates and quotes policy premiums complying with underwriting guidelines. Makes appropriate recommendations on policy coverages and options, closes sales, and process applications in an accurate manner.
- Gathers all necessary information to assess if prospective customers meet underwriting guidelines. Contacts appropriate branch staff or division for underwriting guidance when needed.
- Provides solid customer experiences by handling most difficult Personal Lines cases or directing potential customers to other branch staff or resources for information.
- Develops, maintains, and cultivates community contacts to enhance American Family visibility and maximize new business opportunities. Participates in store events designed to promote brand awareness and educate consumers. Develops knowledge of the local community and its dynamics in order to provide input on marketing and educations events and promotions.
- Retains existing accounts by providing excellent customer service and holistic risk assessments. Helps customers prioritize needs. Resolves customer issues to build relationship with American Family. Coordinates the involvement of appropriate business partners when necessary. Keeps customer updated throughout the resolution process.