Senior Branch Sales Agent - Chandler, Arizona
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
Job ID:R29904 Senior Branch Sales Agent - Chandler, Arizona (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.Compensation Minimum:$42,000 Annual
Compensation Maximum:$75,200+ Annual
Summary:As a Senior Branch Sales Agent, you’ll be the primary point of contact for marketing, prospecting and selling American Family Insurance products. You will be the one to personally work with our customers as a trusted partner by protecting their home, car, business and their family’s financial future. You’ll cultivate relationships and promote brand awareness by networking and attending community events.
Working at our Chandler branch location and Phoenix communities, you will create and execute on marketing strategies across all channels, including digital media campaigns. Your work and use of innovative solutions and sales techniques will contribute to achieving profitable sales growth
- Coverts leads into qualified customer engagements. Manages a prospecting pipeline and develop a sales tracking system to maintain accurate prospect/customer information.
- Meets sales and sales quality goals. Gains and demonstrates knowledge of American Family`s competitive advantage by comparing competitor products and services. Develops knowledge and skills to qualify and follows up with sales leads. Identifies clients` needs and cultivate effective sales relationships.
- Sells available insurance products to new customers or services existing customers. Estimates and quotes policy premiums complying with underwriting guidelines. Makes appropriate recommendations on policy coverages and options, closes sales, and process applications in an accurate manner.
- Gathers all necessary information to assess if prospective customers meet underwriting guidelines. Contacts appropriate branch staff or division for underwriting guidance when needed.
- Provides solid customer experiences by handling most difficult Personal Lines cases or directing potential customers to other branch staff or resources for information.
- Develops, maintains, and cultivates community contacts to enhance American Family visibility and maximize new business opportunities. Participates in store events designed to promote brand awareness and educate consumers. Develops knowledge of the local community and its dynamics in order to provide input on marketing and educations events and promotions.
- Retains existing accounts by providing excellent customer service and holistic risk assessments. Helps customers prioritize needs. Resolves customer issues to build relationship with American Family. Coordinates the involvement of appropriate business partners when necessary. Keeps customer updated throughout the resolution process.
This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated property and casualty sales and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated involvement in community events, networks, or groups
- Demonstrated experience new customer or external networking and experience with prospecting new households or businesses.
- Demonstrated experience with PC software applications.
- Demonstrated experience working independently to plan, set priorities and organize work.
- Basic knowledge of Life and/or Commercial products.
Education and Licenses
- Valid driver’s license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- Required by state statutes to have proper insurance licensing to sell, solicit or negotiate insurance products: Property and Casualty, (personal lines authority does not qualify) Life and Health.
- Successfully obtain and maintain property and casualty, life, and health producer licenses for sales and service state(s). Required to pass the state licensing exam for property and casualty, life, and health producer licenses within 60 days of hire date.
This position requires travel up to 75% of the time. (Travel primarily local.)
Additional Job Information:
In return for your expertise, you’ll receive excellent an excellent compensation and benefits package – your well-being is important
- Base pay plus bonus incentive pay
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) and pension plans
- Exciting career to agency ownership development path
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment
- Paid time off – including volunteer days, maternity/paternity leave
- The chance to become an important part of an innovative, fast-growing enterprise
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.