Family Risk Advisor II – Agency
Follow the link to apply:
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
Job ID:R18888 Family Risk Advisor II – Agency (Open)
Summary:The Family Risk Advisor II markets, prospects and sells American Family Insurance products. Builds and maintains effective customer relationships, understands customer’s needs, and matches them with the appropriate product and service offerings. Promotes brand awareness through participation in branch and community events. Attains sales, profitability, and service goals for all products.
This is the second-level role in the Family Risk Advisor career progression that supports American Family Branch Sales. The key difference between the Family Risk Advisor I and this role is the focus on external selling versus cross-selling to existing households. Demonstrates strong Personal Lines expertise by handling the complex Personal Lines cases and continues to develop Commercial Farm Ranch and/or Life expertise. Actively involved in the community to develop centers of influence and new prospecting leads. Additionally, seeks opportunities to market and sell adjacency products.
- Converts leads into qualified customer engagements. Manages a prospecting pipeline and develop a sales tracking system to maintain accurate prospect/customer information.
- Meets sales and sales quality goals. Gains and demonstrates knowledge of American Family`s competitive advantage by comparing competitor products and services. Develops knowledge and skills to qualify and follow up with sales leads. Identifies clients` needs and cultivate effective sales relationships.
- Sells available insurance products to new customers or services existing customers. Estimates and quotes policy premiums complying with underwriting guidelines. Makes appropriate recommendations on policy coverages and options, closes sales, and process applications in an accurate manner.
- Gathers all necessary information to assess if prospective customers meet underwriting guidelines. Contacts appropriate branch staff or division for underwriting guidance when needed.
- Provides solid customer experiences by handling most difficult Personal Lines cases or directing potential customers to other branch staff or resources for information.
- Develops, maintains, and cultivates community contacts to enhance American Family visibility and maximize new business opportunities. Participates in-store events designed to promote brand awareness and educate consumers. Develops knowledge of the local community and its dynamics in order to provide input on marketing and educations events and promotions.
- Retains existing accounts by providing excellent customer service and holistic risk assessments. Helps customers prioritize needs. Resolves customer issues to build relationships with American Family. Coordinates the involvement of appropriate business partners when necessary. Keeps customers updated throughout the resolution process.
This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position requires to travel up to 75% of the time. (Travel primarily local.)
Education and Licenses
- Valid driver’s license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- Required by state statutes to have proper insurance licensing to sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance products: Property and Casualty, (personal lines authority does not qualify) Life and Health.
- Successfully obtain and maintain property and casualty, life, and health producer licenses for sales and service state(s). Required to pass the state licensing exam for property and casualty, life, and health producer licenses within 60 days of hire date.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support, or service
- Demonstrated property and casualty sales and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated involvement in community events, networks, or groups
- Demonstrated experience new customer or external networking and experience with prospecting new households or businesses.
- Demonstrated experience with PC software applications.
- Demonstrated experience working independently to plan, set priorities, and organize work.
- Basic knowledge of Life and/or Commercial products.
Additional Job Information:
You’ll get the opportunity to be mentored by an experienced American Family team. You’ll receive on-the-job training and learn the secrets of success from the best of the best—all while receiving an excellent base salary with incentive pay potential. In as little as 12 months you may be ready to run your own agency and to enjoy all the rewards that come with it.