We are looking to add an additional Prep Cook to our team! We operate a mostly cold kitchen. This position will be full-time. Flexibility in your schedule is a plus with weekends and nights required.
The exceptional person that we hire will need to be comfortable in the following areas:
Food preparation and general kitchen sanitation.
Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment including knife handling.
Be able to maintain a clean cooking and working area.
Maintain a neat and professional appearance and manner.
Creative, fun, & team oriented.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for all kitchen prep work.
2. Responsible for plating of all menu foods.
3. Responsible for cleanliness of work area.
4. Must monitor inventory at all times.
5. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Responsible for receiving incoming food orders and rotating stock.
6. Work with manager to keep costs down & price menu items appropriately.
7. Hands-on experience with planning menus and ordering ingredients.
8. Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations.
9. Responsible for maintaining a clean uniform.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Knowledge of kitchen sanitation.
2. Basic knife handling skills.
3. Basic reading and math skills.
4. Ability to lift over 50 pounds on a regular basis.
5. Ability to measure ingredients accurately.
6. Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment.
7. Ability to understand and carry out directions.
8. Knowledge of a wide range of recipes.
9. Work directly with manager & owner.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Casual dining restaurant
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Kitchen: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handlers Card or willingness to get one (Preferred)
Work Location: One location