Tutor Doctor Chandler-Gilbert has been in the East Valley for over 3 years and we are expanding our team to support more families who value their children's and teen's education, and don't feel like the classroom is able to provide what they need.
- Are you a parent involved in your children's education?
- Have you or your children had IEPs, 504 Plans or any learning disabilities?
- Do you often find yourself conversing with parents about education?
- Have you been told that people open up to you in ways that surprise even themselves?
- Are you looking for flexible hours working from home with minimal in-person requirements?
Then we may be a good fit for you!
What services do we offer?
- We offer one-to-one in-home and virtual tutoring
- Test preparation (SAT, ACT, AP Exams, ASVAB, GED, etc)
- Special needs and homeschool teaching and tutoring
- A quarter of our students are in foster care and need a trustworthy mentor and academic coach
Who is a good fit for this position?
- A former educator, trainer, homeschool parent, or stay-at-home parent and want to help other parents seeking academic support for their children and teens outside the classroom
- Someone who enjoys having conversations with parents about education and their children
- Prior phone sales or customer service experience
- Great listener and ability to probe for concerns and goals
- Organized and self-motivated
- Excellent note-taker
- 20 hours per week (flexible)
- Most consultations occur over the phone and Zoom
- Must be available after school and weekends when parents are inquiring
- Independent Contractor (1099) to start, with option of moving to Employee (W2) within 6 months of strong performance
- Hourly pay will vary with skillset, bonuses are awarded for bringing in new families and other metrics